Sunday, June 30, 2013

CDAC Progressive Challenge Entry 3

The deadline is almost here and I still have one more image to go. I don't know if I will be able to complete it, but I am giving it the old college try. This is the 3rd out of 4 images that I have completed a card with. This is my favorite image and the one I wanted most of all. The artist is again Nana Vic. I think it is an adorable image. I really appreciate Nana Vic giving it to us free to use.

That being said, I wanted to do something different with it. It is a larger image with alot of detail. I really did not want to color the whole thing, especially with cutting it so close on time. I decide to use a technique that we use alot in card class. We cover an image with Antique Linen Distress Ink and then add color to part of the image. It gives a more vintage look (and I do love vintage, I'm just not very good at it). This technique looks better when the image is not black. With the digital aspect, I was limited (so I thought) with the black lines that it came in. I decided to print it out and then copy it, making the image lighter. I had to copy it twice before it was light enough. I just did it on regular paper. I then used distress markers to go over the outlines. There are so many lines to trace that it did take a while to do. It made me appreciate the hard work that goes in to making these kinds of detailed images. Hats off and Kudos to you Nana Vic for your great work.

After I finished tracing everything, I did a color copy onto my white premium cardstock. I find that this paper works best for me because the ink doesn't smear when I use my copics. I cut it out to the size I wanted and started inking and coloring. Using my blending tool, I covered the entire piece with Antique Linen and added Vintage Photo around the edges. I then went in with my copics and added the coloring that you see. Copics used: G21 & 24 on leaves, G20 on grass, B93 & 95 and R11 & 20 on flowers. I added a spot of R11 to baby's cheek and then dabbed a little Antique Linen over it to mute it. E21 on the mushrooms and E11 on the hair. I used stickles on the flowers, leaves, and mushrooms spots for bling and added rhinestones to the flower centers. I colored white organza ribbon with R25 and added a pin. The charm says "made with love" which I thought was appropriate in most cases.

The sentiment is also by Nana Vic. When I copied it onto Word, I tried playing around with the format tools. I discovered that I could change the coloring. I wished I would have discovered that trick earlier. I changed the ink to brown and printed it. I layered it with a thin layer of Chipped Sapphire distress ink and added Vintage Photo around the edges. I popped it off with foam tape and added rhinestones.

On the inside I used two flowers that I had left over from the images from Lila Grey and a mushroom that I cut out from a mini Magnolia scene. The inside saying is from Stampin' Up.Here are the pics:








Here is the link to the challenge:
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/cdac-progressive-freebie-challenges

1 comment:

Deb Ochs-LaGrone said...

This turned out simply beautiful! Great job with the image and I love the addition of the pin. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes